Engineers are problem solvers, inventors, creators. In fact, so many things we use day to day results from the work of engineers.
Anyone can call themselves an engineer but not just anyone can carry out the complex and advanced scientific work to:
- – design a bridge
- – test ground and soil conditions
- – maintain aircraft
- – model and implement strategies for climate conditions
- – extract minerals and turn them into everyday items
- – develop communication networks
- – invent new technologies
In Queensland we have a unique system that distinguishes experienced professional engineers from the ‘pretend-gineers’ – this is the RPEQ system.
RPEQ stands for Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland. Any engineer wanting to undertake professional engineering services in or for Queensland is legally required to register as a RPEQ. This is the same for other major professions like doctors, lawyers, nurses and teachers who must also be registered to practise.